The best way to stay cool this Summer is to dress cool and cozy. When you can’t dress in shorts or a skirt, these cardigan with dresses options will keep you both stylish and comfortable.
Cardigans are one of the most versatile items in your wardrobe- they’re perfect for the office, lunch with friends, or any type of Summer outfit. They’re great because they’re soft, have good coverage from the elements (sun protection!), and are usually flattering.
Women often choose to wear cardigans with summer dresses, because the cardigan adds a sexy yet classy look to the woman wearing it. The cardigan is a type of sweater that does not close, and that has buttons along the front. It can be made of cotton or other fibres. The cardigan falls just above the waist and covers the woman’s butt when she is standing straight.
To find the right cardigan, there are a few things to consider:
1. Color- this is something that’s completely up to you, but just make sure it coordinates with the rest of your outfit, a dress by itself. If you’re wearing a maxi dress to brunch, try a green cardigan or one in a similar color family. If you’re wearing a green dress, don’t worry about matching colors- you can get away with something like a red cardigan or one in an opposite color family (read: blue or purple).
2. Length- if you want something shorter, try keeping it around knee length. If you want something longer, go for midthigh length or slightly higher. Midthigh is a great length for everything from skirts to dresses.
3. Material- cardigans can be made from anything, but you should choose one that’s comfortable and breathable for your current weather conditions. Here are some materials that are particularly great for the summer:
-Rayon: great for the heat since it’s so lightweight and soft, but might get sheer when you put something over it.
-Linen: super breathable and lightweight, but wrinkles easily.
-Cotton: great for the summer if you’re in a colder climate. Cotton breathes well, is comfortable, and is also easy to care for.
-Silk: in general, silk is always a good choice when it comes to clothing. It breathes well, doesn’t wrinkle easily (especially if it’s dry clean only), and is very lightweight.
If you live in a warm climate or are going somewhere warm this summer, silk cardigans would be perfect since they’re lightweight and breathable. If you live in a colder climate- try something from linen or cotton (use rayon only if you’re going to wear it on its own).
4. Event- if you’re going somewhere dressy, it’s best to choose a cardigan that’s an even more formal piece of clothing (like an evening wrap). You can also find some great v-neck and turtle neck cardigans if you’re looking for something extra dressy. If you’re going somewhere casual, then choose a solid color cardigan or one with interesting details (like lace-up detailing on the sleeves).
If you’re ever unsure about what to wear, try choosing a different color for each outfit in different categories (white and black t-shirts will be the easiest to match with). If you have a different kind of cardigan for each outfit, then you’ll also look pulled together and chic.
Here are some fun cardigans to wear this summer:
1. Blue striped silk cardigan: perfect for office wear, lunch with friends, or a casual summer night out when paired with a solid color dress.
2. Black v-neck cotton cardigan: dressy enough for the office or an evening event still being interesting since it’s so dark. It would also be great with a plain white t-shirt dress or even worn over another plain shirtdress to add some texture.
3. White cotton cardigan: simple, clean, and a classic color that won’t go out of style in a few years- but still perfect for summer!
4. Striped silk sweater: vintage-y and the perfect mix of casual and dressywear. It’s also a great way to get some interesting ruffled sleeves on your cardigan since it would be a little more difficult to do it with just normal sleeves.
A woman can wear a simple black or white summer dress with a black or white cardigan. This style would look good with many different types of dresses, including V-neck dresses. The cardigan is great for women who want to look elegant and attractive while wearing casual clothes. The simple lines of the cardigan help to balance the woman’s curves, and they make her look classy and mature. The cardigan would also be a good choice for women who do not feel comfortable wearing something too revealing or with too many frills.
The cardigan can be worn with sundresses that are not too revealing. A woman can also wear it with a pretty summer dress, but only to evening events if she wants to look classy. The cardigan is best worn with dresses that have a V-shaped neckline. The V-neck is very flattering on most women, and it shows off their cleavage and shoulders very nicely.