What are capes? Capes are pieces of clothing that cover the shoulders and upper back. They originated in ancient Greece and Rome to keep the wearer warm. In modern times, it is more commonly associated with superheroes like Batman, Superman, and Supergirl. In fact, these superheroes also wear capes in the comics and animation series that they appear in.
There are a lot of different types of capes for women today. Here are some examples:
Cape-like hoodies: Hoodiesshirts have capes that look like regular hoodies but they have sleeves. These capes can be worn on the back or as a cover all over the front of your body. Depending on your needs, you can use one or both sides to wear this type of cape which means you can get a cape that matches your body type when wearing it as part of an outfit.
Capes that are similar to shirts: They look like shirts but have sleeves and are meant to be used only over the upper back. They can be worn as innerwear or outerwear.
There are also capes that are more like shawls. They don’t cover the body all over and can be used on top of an existing outfit. Depending on the design, some of these capes can be worn around your waist, like belts, while others cannot.
Capelets: Capelets are short capes that are meant to wrap around your neck and hang down near your waistline.
Mantle: This is a long cape that is meant to wrap over the shoulders similar to a shawl but it drapes down to the upper legs or even lower in some cases.
Neck cape: A neck cape is a short cape that hangs from the neck in the back. It can be used as an accessory for a night out, like a party or prom, or it can be worn inside as part of an outfit.
Capes that come in various lengths: Capes come in varying lengths. Some capes are short while others extend down to the thighs.
There are also other types but these would probably fall under any of the above categories. If you want to search for other kinds of capes, then you might want to conduct a simple search online — just use the term “cape” and you will find plenty of options to choose from.
Since the 18th century, the cape has been a staple in a woman’s wardrobe. Not only does it add drama and pizzazz to any outfit, but it also tames all of those wild hairs that you just can’t seem to control. Here are five capes that will immediately up your style game.
Best Capes For Today Woman:
1) Tailored Cape: This cape is perfect for when you need to look put together but don’t want to sacrifice your comfort levels. The design keeps the weight evenly distributed and makes it easier for other people to see you coming and going while the fleece lining keeps you warm on those cool autumn days.
2) Cape Blazers: This cape was created for those early morning meetings where you need to look professional but not too serious. The fit is stylish enough for the office but also adds a touch of warmth to your outfit so that you don’t have to sacrifice your fashion goals while getting to know the big wigs.
3) Cropped Cape: You can’t have too many capes in your closet. This is why this cape was created especially for you. The muted color will work perfectly with any outfit and it’s lightweight so it won’t weigh down your look when you’re making your way across town on that important meeting.
4) Long Cape: If you want to keep it classy but also add a touch of swag to your look, this cape is the one for you. The long design will look great with any color, depending on which pieces you pair with it and the variety of colors also means that it can be used year round.
5) Cape Coat: This cape was made for those cold days when you need to look professional without looking like a complete slob or an over tight nerd. Like the long cape, this one is also versatile, which means that it can be used in any environment and will remain stylish.
Bottom line: While these capes are not necessary for every outfit, they do make a great accessory to add to your wardrobe. But don’t forget that it’s okay to stand out every once in a while because ladies love seeing you as unique and special.
Capes have become popular accessories for women today. Aside from looking good as an outerwear piece, they can be used to add a touch of style to your outfit or costume. They are also very versatile because you can use them to dress up a variety of different outfits — whether for Halloween or just as an everyday piece.
How to wear capes:
This accessory is very versatile when it comes to how it can be worn. It can be used as a fashionable outerwear piece, an everyday clothing item, and even as part of a Halloween costume. Here are some examples:
When you want to look stylish and elegant, a cape is the way to go. It instantly adds style and sophistication even when worn with plain pieces of clothing. Wear it over your dress or skirt for a formal event like the opera or church service. It would also look great on top of pants and boots when worn with a simple long sleeved shirt or sweater for daytime wear.
You can even use a cape as an accessory to look good in everyday wear. You will look great when wearing it over your summer dress, top, or bathrobe. Just be sure to pull the cape down so that it does not form a shawl around your neck or near your bustline area when worn like this.
3. Halloween costumes:
You can also use a cape as part of your costume for this special occasion and hide many different accessories back inside the cape itself, such as sunglasses or fancy headbands for example, and use the cape to complete your outfit by holding everything in place as you dance around at the party.