You’ve got that killer bodycon dress on, but are bodycon dresses still in fashion? That depends on your definition of “in fashion”. If you’re thinking of the days when Oprah, Kim Kardashian, and Beyoncé wore these outfits to red carpet events and night clubs, then no. However, if you’re talking about what your daughter would wear when she goes out clubbing with her friends — the answer would be YES!
Gone are the days when women had to spend hours in front of a mirror applying make-up or having their hair done to look fashionable. Most kinds of clothing can be worn casually now without preparation (or even wearing any makeup at all) thanks to technology.
Bodycon dresses, in particular, are so easy to wear and comfortable; it’s almost like you aren’t even wearing a dress. The fabric is stretchy and moves as you move. And gone are the days when women would be grateful if their dresses had a hook-and-eye closure at the back for them to be able to pull their dresses off without making a scene (or needing someone else to help). Now you can just pull your bodycon dress up or down with one hand and that’s it – ready to go.
Bodycon is a kind of dress that shows all the curves and lines of the body in the figure of a woman. It is generally tight to her body and would not be able to hide any folds or bulges from being seen clearly. The bodycon dresses extend especially at the thigh area and also on the stomach part making it look very attractive to those who do not wear it.
So what exactly is a bodycon dress?
(1) It’s sleeveless, so you can show off your toned arms.
(2) It’s tight-fitting so that you will look as sexy and fashionable as possible.
(3) It’s knee-length so you can show off your long legs.
(4) It doesn’t have any zippers or buttons; only a stretchy fabric that wouldn’t require you to be a contortionist to put it on.
(5) It has a low back, while the front is usually high (but not too high). This means you can expose just enough cleavage, but not too much. (After all, there are times when it’s not appropriate to wear a cleavage-exposing outfit. For example, you wouldn’t wear a low-cut dress to work.)
Bodycon dresses are everywhere you look; whether at a party, wedding or even funeral. This very trend has always been here and has been there for many years now but what seems surprising is that women still wear this kind of clothing even though they seem to have new kinds of clothing every year. According to women’s fashion experts, the roots of bodycon dresses can be traced back to the 70’s of the 20th century. While some trace it back further, it is said that it was popular in the 50’s. But still there are some who think that this kind of dress dates too far back comparing it with new styles and designs.
Here are some of the popular bodycon dresses that are still in fashion today:
(1) The Asymmetrical Black Dress – This bodycon dress features an asymmetrical hemline. What this means is that one side of the dress is longer than the other. An asymmetrical hemline can make your legs look longer since it elongates your body.
(2) The Lace Bodycon Dress – This dress is perfect for a night out, since it’s really sexy and flashy. It’s eye-catching and you’ll stand out in a crowd with this dress on! (You can wear it to a party, clubbing, or a date.) Lace as fabric is also popular among today’s young girls. This is because lace flatters the female body and looks good on almost everyone.
(3) The Spaghetti Strap Bodycon Dress – Unlike the previous two dresses mentioned above, this one has spaghetti straps so you won’t have to go searching for the right bra to wear with it at an arm party.
(4) The White Bodycon Dress – This dress offers a great contrast to darker skin tones. Of course, you can wear this white bodycon dress on other occasions besides when you want to look sexy, because it’s also appropriate for formal events.
(5) The Black & White Bodycon Dress – Another fun dress you can wear is the black bodycon dress, but with a twist; the front and back are different colors.
Other bodycon dresses that are sexy, but not as popular as the ones above include:
(1) A-line bodycon dresses – This is a bodycon dress that is cut like a shift dress, but it’s much sexier. The top half of the dress is usually lace, while the skirt part of it is much shorter than your regular shift dress. This type of dress accentuates your waist and creates a sexy V-shape figure.
(2) Peplum dresses – This garment has short sleeves or sleeveless like an off-shoulder shirt. It also has a wide hemline that flares out at the bottom. The peplum dress creates nice curves in your body, and it can also hide those areas of your body that you don’t want anyone to see.
(3) Printed bodycon dresses – You don’t have to wear plain color garments all the time if you want to look fashionable and sexy. Most people like printed pieces because they can make a bold statement with them. You can choose from printed garments that are floral or animal-themed.
(4) See-through bodycon dresses – Just like the name says, this garment is semi-transparent. The only thing that separates you from the person standing in front of you is the lace or mesh fabric that covers your chest. This is why it’s so important to select a color and style of bodycon dress that can add to your outfit; if it’s printed, then choose a print you like. If you like the transparency of the dress, then make sure you select a pattern that is bold enough to cover your skin (for example, an animal print).
(5) Strapless bodycon dresses – This type of dress can give off an impression about your breasts.
This kind of dress has been popular in many different parts around the world for many years now and is still very much appreciated by women all over the world.