The iconic Americana outfit of white shirt and blue jeans has been around for decades, but does it have to be restricted to one gender? A crisp white shirt is the perfect way to make any outfit more flattering. Below are a few ways you can wear this simple staple with jeans.
White shirts have been around for decades, so it’s almost expected to pair your jeans with one. Regardless of how much you think you hate the idea of wearing white, it will be worth it when you see how cute and trendy they can be.
– A white shirt with skinny jeans is a classic look that will always be in style. Pair it up with ankle boots when you go out for brunch on the weekends or wear over skinny jeans and more fitted tops for work.
– White shirts are an easy way to complete a stylish casual outfit. Pair them with jeans and complete it with pumps as an everyday outfit or dress them down for summer street style looks.
– White shirts have never been more popular than they are now, so pair yours with some colorful denim to add an unexpected touch to your outfit.
– Don’t underestimate the power of the basic white shirt and jeans combination. It’s always chic and always classic. Feel free to throw on a bright colored jacket or wear with patterned bottoms for less of a traditional look.
– You can never go wrong with the classic white shirt over skinny jeans look. It never goes out of style and there’s something about a woman in a long-sleeved top that just makes her look effortlessly stylish. Skinny jeans and white shirts are classic and timeless. The two are a match made in fashion heaven and always a great option to be chic in any situation.
– A crisp white shirt is an easy way to give any outfit a little more oomph. Add some low heeled boots or tuck your shirt into your favorite pair of jeans and look polished and put together, no matter what you’re wearing underneath.
– For a more casual look, pair your white tops with some distressed jeans or some cropped cargo pants. These matchy-matchy combinations are perfect to throw on when you need something extra casual during the day.
– Even though white is considered an office essential, that doesn’t mean it can’t be turned up a notch in style. Pair it with a striped silk blouse underneath for an undeniably fashionable look that will quickly add flair to any outfit.
Use a Lighter Wash
Jeans come in all shades from light to dark. If you want to wear your favorite pair of jeans with a white shirt, then pick a wash that’s lighter than your shirt. Paired with a good pair of heels and statement jewelry, the look will make for a polished ensemble.
Choose an Oversized Shirt
An oversized shirt is feminine and flirty at the same time, making it the ultimate girls’ night out shirt. You can find them at almost any store these days and they look great when paired with anything from skinny jeans to wide-leg pants. These shirts have a relaxed fit and are great for wearing on a casual day at the beach or to walk around town.
Ankle Length Jeans
If you’re wary of wearing ankle length jeans with a white shirt, start by trying them with shoes that match the color of your pants. Try a pair of tan sandals or strappy heels. On women with shorter legs, these pants will draw attention up to her face rather than down at her ankles. Another way to get away from the jean/shoe color scheme is pairing them with light colored flat shoes or any kind of sandal that isn’t brown or tan.
Choose a Color
Simple white shirts can be worn with jeans in a variety of colors. They look great with a light wash and neutral patterned pants. The same applies to khaki, olive or oak-toned jeans that are paired with solid colored shirts. When it comes to pairing off white shirts, there are many options.
Tuck it In
Tucking in a white shirt is a great way to show off your cleavage. Make sure the bottom of the shirt reaches your belt line and make sure the top of it doesn’t cover any part of your bra. Also, make sure you know how to fasten a belt around a tank since this is a style that requires it.