People look back and think about the 80s as a time where many different fashion trends emerged. You have to admit, there were some pretty awesome styles you wish would come back (lingerie tops, bow-ties, ripped jeans, etc.). Pleated skirts are one of those trends that some of us wish would make a comeback. This is why it’s exciting that they’re starting to become so relevant in today’s fashion world!
Within the past few decades, pleated skirts were considered conservative and formal. However, in the last few years, these skirts have become more and more popular. There are so many different ways you can style a pleated skirt, whether it’s with some really high heels and a leather jacket or just some converse.
Are pleated skirts in style? Good question. This fashion trend is definitely making a comeback throughout female society. Some say that it’s an 80s look, but in order to keep up with the current trends, you would have to go back to the 80s!
This pleated skirt trend is part of a larger trend that has seen a rise in popularity of all kinds of prints: polka dots, stripes, and checks have become more popular than ever. They seem so casual and less restrictive. This is the perfect trend to adopt if you’re a girl that wants to dress up in more casual clothes but still keep an edgy look!
If you’re looking to try out a new fashion trend, pleated skirts are a great option. You can bring the old school fashion style into this year’s trends. They’re super comfortable and versatile, so you’ll be able to wear them with just about anything!
They can be casual as well as romantic! There’s no wrong way to wear one! If you’ve been wanting to try out your hand at putting together an outfit that will showcase your favorite type of skirt in a unique way, we recommend making the perfect pleated skirt! It’s important that you know how to style it well. You don’t want your fashion choice to backfire on you.
Before you go out, consider the following fashion tips:
1. Make sure everything goes together! If you’re wearing a pleated skirt, it might be a good idea to make sure the rest of your outfit matches as well. This is a great idea because it will show that you thought carefully about what you were going to wear and it will go with your skirt!
2. Try on several different types of shoes — there isn’t one shoe that will look perfect with every outfit, so try on several different ones in order to find the one that is best for your pleated skirt.
If you’re looking for a new style, consider these five tips to help you achieve the look of a pleated skirt:
1. Choose your fabric and color carefully. The dress must be comfortable, sustainable, and lightweight — it should not be made of velour or velvet without a slip underneath.
2. Try to find an outfit that has big pockets so you can store all your essentials while on-the-go — this will make it easy for you to take your money, phone, keys, lipstick, etc., when going out in the evening without worrying about losing anything! Plus it’ll look really cool as well!
3. Make sure your shoes match your outfit as well — always remember to pair shoes that are identical to those you’re wearing with your pleated skirt in order for it to look perfectly coordinated.
4. Coordinate the outfit with the colors around you — if you’re wearing a green pleated skirt, make sure that you coordinate it with other items of clothing that are either green or black (remember how we said this look isn’t supposed for an evening out on the town?).
5. Don’t forget about your hair! Make sure it’s curlier than usual and reaches down to your shoulders. Be careful to not overdo it — we don’t want your hair to look like a helmet!
Whether it’s a pleated skirt and t-shirt combo or a pleated skirt with cute blazer, plaid shirt, and cool shoes; you can add that feminine touch by including some accessories such as jewelry or a statement necklace. If the trend happens to be more causal, you can add on a cute clutch and sunglasses! It’s just as casual as it gets!
Did you know that there are different types of traditional pleated skirts? There are wide pleats, skinny-pleats, and moderate pleats. You should consider the type of pleat in order to determine which one is best for you — the only way you can do this is by trying out different types of fabric to see how they look on your body type.
You should also look into the type of skirt the style originated from in order to determine whether or not you want a more vintage or modern look. A pleated skirt is a type of a skirt that we see every day, but you might not know that there are so many different types of it!
If you’re shopping for one, try to figure out which type is most flattering on you — there are lots of different options out there to make sure your pleated skirt will bring you some style for a great price!
There’s nothing like being able to go into any store and find pleated skirts on sale! It’s quite easy when the weather starts to cool down. You should think about what colors will work best during the winter months. You want to make sure that you’re covered in a nice warm fabric, but it should also be trendy enough that it’s not considered old school. Try looking into different types of flannel and sweaters in order to find the best pleated skirt for your style; remember, there’s a reason why you wear skirts, so why not make them functional?
Also keep in mind that there’s nothing wrong with pleat skirts with prints — they’re perfect for the fall and winter. Just make sure you’re wearing them in a location where it doesn’t snow, as the snow might ruin your skirt. You should also consider wearing socks or tights underneath your pleated skirts if you plan on walking outside. You’re going to want to avoid looking like you have frostbite when you get inside your car!